Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year or What to Write in a Christmas Card [UPDATED with Christmas and New Year’s Quotes, Jokes and Sayings]
Christmas is almost here, and it’s time to share love and joy with all the special people in your life. It is time to remember everybody who is dear to you and make their Christmas brighter and warmer with presents and kind words. Greeting cards are perfect to express your care and appreciation, as these little cards will stay with people you love for years, reminding about you and supporting in times of trouble. Sending Christmas wishes is also very pleasant and rewarding, so take some time out, sit down, and craft the best greetings for everyone you want to remember this holiday season. In case you are wondering what to write in a Christmas card, here are some examples of Merry Christmas wishes and best holiday messages from us.
Christmas wishes for your significant other
Also read: How and where to get unique content for your website
Christmas wouldn’t be the same without our loved ones. They are the ones we kiss under the mistletoe; they help us bake Christmas cookies and decorate Christmas trees. They are the ones we share all the brightest memories with. So don’t forget to send your husband, wife, boyfriend, or girlfriend cute Christmas messages!
- Merry Christmas, my love! May the Christmas Starlight up our Christmas and bring warmth and happiness to our house!
- Merry Christmas to the most important person in my life! I can conquer the world with you by my side. May our love grow stronger with every Christmas we spend together.
- You are my coziness and warmth; my happiness and joy; my home, my rock, my everything. Holiday time is a perfect time to say thank you for completing my life. Without you, this Christmas would be dull and lifeless, and I am blessed to have such an amazing partner by my side. May every Christmas be that special for us!
- This Christmas I want to wish you lots of smiles and all the light in the world. Be happy, and I will take care of the rest. Looking forward to the best Christmas in my life!
- I chose to spend my life loving you, and now every day is a blessing. Thank you for making my Christmas bright. Thank you for making my life happy. Merry Christmas, my dear.
- The minute I saw you untangling Christmas lights with a smile on your face was the minute I understood I have the best partner in the entire world! Merry Christmas to us!
- You are in every Christmas movie I watch. Thank you for being mine, honey.
- They day you walked into my life was the day I learned miracles were real. May this Christmas make you believe in fairy tales again. Merry Christmas, my one and only.
- Your love is my blessing from God! I cannot describe how grateful I am to have you in my life. Thank you for being the best and have a lovely Christmas!
- Your eyes shine brighter than Christmas lights; your embrace is warmer than a fireplace and your kiss is sweeter than a Christmas cookie. Thank you for getting me into the Christmas spirit all year long!
Christmas wishes for a family
Family gatherings are a tradition that made Christmas the world’s favorite holiday. However, if you want your relatives to feel special this Christmas, surprise them not only with presents but also with sincere and warm words. Here are some Christmas family messages for you to consider:
- May Christmas always bring you what you wish for! Enjoy every incredible moment of this festive season and may this happiness last forever!
- Peace and love to you, my dears! May this Christmas shine and sparkle, filling our home with joy and magic. Have a blessed New Year!
- Dear family, thank you for every single Christmas spent together. Thank you for being my home, my shelter, my childhood. May your Christmas be merry and bright!
- Wishing you the world full of joy and Christmas magic! I am proud to call your family and can’t wait to see you again this Christmas!
- Christmas food always tastes best at your house. Sending all my love to you! Wishing you a happy holiday season!
- May this Christmas bring you luck and health! Merry Christmas to my dearest people on Earth!
- I wish you to have a wonderful Christmas! Thank you for always being there for me! Feel the warmth I am sending your way and remember that you’ll never be alone at Christmas as long as you have me!
- When I think about all the support and love I get from you every day, I can’t think of anything else to wish for Christmas. I am happy as long as you are happy. I love you, Merry Christmas!
- Thank you for making me believe in Christmas miracles. I had the happiest childhood ever, and now it’s my turn to make you happy. Have a magical Christmas!
- No matter where I am, my heart is always at home with you. You are my Christmas, and I wish you to have the sweetest and most lovely holiday this year! May the snowflakes bring the best of luck to you, my dearests!
Christmas wishes for friends
Also read: Social Media Changed How We Write
What can be better than sharing Christmas fun with friends? Even though Christmas is predominantly a family holiday, one should not forget about people who are equally important. Here are some Christmas greetings for friends you may use:
- Christmas is the time to share love and joy with our loved ones. My dear friend, as I stop for a moment and think of all the awesome things I have in life, I realize that you are one of my biggest blessings from God. May your Christmas be filled with love and hope, and thank you for being my friend!
- May your home be filled with Christmas music, the smell of Christmas tree and ginger. May Christmas bring pleasant surprises, plenty of kisses under the mistletoe, and tons of warm memories. Merry Christmas, my friend!
- May your heart glow with the light of Christmas and may this magical time bring you happiness and prosperity. Best Christmas wishes from me!
- Happy holidays, my treasure! I am proud to call you my friend and want to thank you today for your endless support. Having you by my side makes all the happy moments happier and all the sad moments a little bit more bearable. I want this Christmas to bring you the most amazing gifts and lots of fun! Can’t wait to celebrate with you!
- My best Christmas wishes to the best friend ever! Christmas parties aren’t the same without you!
- I am sure you’ve been good this year and Santa will fulfill all your deepest wishes. Have an awesome Christmas!
- I wish you to never feel homesick at Christmas. But if you do, come to my place and let’s celebrate together! Have a warm Christmas!
- Santa’s on his way, buddy! Hope he brings you something very special this year! Wishing you a marvelous Christmas!
- You know all my secrets but still are my friend. Thank you for not giving up on me. I want this Christmas to reward you with love, health, and joy. Merry Christmas, dear friend!
- May Christmas be with you always. Wishing you love and never-ending happiness!
Business Christmas wishes
Sending Christmas wishes to business partners and customers is a great way to increase loyalty and maintain good relationships. So, think about everyone who contributed to the growth of your business and don’t forget to wish them a very happy Christmas!
- Our warmest wishes to you and your family! Have a fantastic Christmas! Your [company name].
- This holiday season we would like to express our appreciation for your loyalty and trust. We are proud to have customers like you! Wishing you a spectacular Christmas and a prosperous New Year!
- May the holiday spirit never leave your house. Looking forward to continue our partnership in a New Year!
- You are the reason we exist. Thank you for a great year and accept our best wishes for a magical holiday season!
- Wishing you Christmas blessings and happiness in the New Year! May the spirit of love and joy accompany you wherever you go.
- Remembering you at Christmas fills our hearts with warmth. Have a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year! With sincere appreciation of your friendship, [company name].
- Without you, our success wouldn’t have been possible. May your Christmas be beautiful and joyous. Sincerely, [company name].
- Christmas is the perfect time to pause and wish every person we appreciate happy holidays. Thank you for being with us this year and may all your wishes come true this Christmas!
- It has been our honor to serve you in 2017. May Christmas fill your heart with joy and happiness! Merry Christmas to you and your family! Best wishes from [company name].
- [company name] wishes you a happy holiday season! Have a magical and unforgettable Christmas!
Wishes for kids
Kids are probably the ones who anticipate holidays the most. After all, Santa’s bringing them presents! Here are some best wishes for Christmas for kids you may use to make their Christmas even more exciting:
- Enjoy this Christmas time! May Santa always bring you what you wish for!
- Happy holidays! May Christmas bless you with a lot of presents!
- I wish your Christmas to smell of hot chocolate and have a sweet flavor of peppermint. Be merry and have fun!
- Have a blessed Christmas! May this holiday time fill your heart with light and joy. And don’t forget to save one Christmas song for me!
- My dear child! May your stocking be filled with lots of presents this Christmas! Can’t way to see you dancing around the Christmas tree!
- Wishing you lots of smiles this Christmas! Joy and peace to you, my little princess!
- Dance, it’s Christmas! Wishing you delicious cookies, fantastic gifts, and peaceful celebration!
- Merry Christmas to my pride and joy! Feel this magic in the air and may the beauty of Christmas always be with you!
- Hugs and kisses to my little angel! There’s nothing better for me than to celebrate this Christmas with you! Wishing you to have the best Christmas ever!
- You make my Christmas merry! Looking forward to our snowball fights. Have a fun Christmas!
Christmas quotes and sayings
Christmas quotes are used to bring the holiday spirit into the house. Quotes about Christmas are the true symbols of the holiday, just like hot cocoa or gingerbread cookies. While some prefer funny New Year wishes, others opt for Christmas spirit quotes.
Christmas quotes about family can be shared while all the relatives gather around the fireplace. Christmas and family quotes aim to help family members share their love and affection towards each other. Christmas meaning quotes can also be shared with friends or coworkers. An inspirational quote for Christmas may be a good idea for a boss or for in-laws. These quotes are serious in nature and bring out the feelings of responsibility and care. All the Good Christmas quotes are gathered in the list below:
Christmas is not just time to rejoice. It’s also the time to reflect.
- Love is not intended for a gift — it’s intended for the giver.
- One can compare Christmas to a candy; as it’s in your mouth, it teases every taste bud making you wish it would last an eternity.
- Don’t think about Christmas as just one day in your life; it’s really a frame of mind.
- Christmas memories are like snowflakes: they dance together until they’re gone by too fast.
- Christmas begins in one’s heart. Then it finds an outlet to fill the air around.
- If we treated every day like Christmas, then peace on earth would be a real deal.
- Christmas is that time of the year when everything comes together and all the roads lead to one place — home.
- Don’t clean up your living room after Christmas. The mess that’s created by Christmas — the gift wrapping and candy covers — is glorious. Welcome it and let is stay for some time.
- Christmas is about three good things: one, sing out loud for everyone to hear; two, do something a bit extra for someone you care about; three, light a candle for those whom you would like to hug this Christmas but cannot.
Funny New Year’s quotes and wishes
Funny New Year’s quotes can be shared with the family and colleagues at work. Hilarious New Year’s Eve quotes are designed to bring some fun to the Christmas table in 2018. For a Happy New Year, a funny quote is what the doctor ordered. The funniest New Year messages intend to lift everyone’s mood and set the celebratory atmosphere — be it in the office or at home. Check out the funny New Year’s captions listed below and choose the ones that can be sent to friends or relatives. Funny New Year sayings will not let anyone be down this Christmas!
- What is my 2018 New Year resolution? Start tolerating fools in my life with more gladness, provided they don’t feel encouraged to steal my precious time.
- After 2018, the best resolution is this: stop worrying about gym (you’re perfect in your own skin!), drink more wine (there are so many tastes out there!), and purchase more shoes (you will look even better!).
New Year’s Eve is a great time to get drunk in public and nobody will mind.
- It’s so hard to believe a whole year has passed and I still have not become a better person.
- When you like staying up all night on New Year’s Eve, it’s called a young age. When you have to do it, it’s called middle age.
Funny New Year 2018 cannot happen without some hilarious wishes, too:
- May all your problems be as ever-lasting as your New Year’s resolutions!
- May the New Year bring you more happiness than these holidays did!
- May 2019 be the year you start replying to my texts!
- May the upcoming year bring you more problems and tears. All I want is for you to get stronger!
- Best of luck in 2019 because I’m planning to ignore you totally for the upcoming 364 days.
Christmas jokes are one more type of stories that can lift mood during the celebratory period. Christmas humor can come in different forms, and Christmas jokes for kids are probably the most common during the holiday season. Santa jokes have been told from one generation to another for centuries. Holiday humor is truly remarkable because it often has some truth to it which is funny to admit. Funny Santa and his reindeers will definitely help set the tone for this year’s celebrations! Here are a few funny Christmas jokes to tell while gathered around the fireplace on a snowy night:
- It’s important to make a resolution at the end of every year. This is how a person makes some self-assessment and repents with honesty. Every year, the real hidden goal is to break this pattern, and most people achieve it with ease.
- Make good resolutions on New Year’s Eve. You can wait a week before you start paving hell with them, just like any year before.
- The resolution for the last year was to lose 15 kilos before Christmas. But let’s stay optimistic: only 20 kilos are left!
- I’m not one of those people who want to say “Happy New Year!” — it’s exactly the same as last year, except for a bit colder.
- Let the past go into the silent limbo — thanks God it’s over, as it was imperfect. Welcome the new 2019 year!
- Statistics show that there are more overweight people in the USA than the people of the average weight. So, on average, being overweight now means being average. So, you’ve met your New Year’s resolution!
- - Where can you find a reindeer?
- Right where you left him!
- - What language is Santa’s native language?
- It’s called North Polish.
- - What’s the name of the elf who won a lottery and became rich?
- - Why is Santa’s little helper so upset?
- He has low elf-esteem.
Monthly Roundup Holiday Marketing Best Practices
A funny Happy New Year cannot happen without the signing and sending of the Christmas cards. The whole family will be happy to meet a funny Happy New Year 2018 with the jokes and laughter around the house. Christmas jokes and riddles are suitable for these year’s Christmas cards — they can be both clever and hilarious. Clever New Year’s captions offered above can also serve as a great way to greet colleagues at work beforehand. As the office party will be going wild, the quotes about New Year’s Eve will only contribute to the festive mood! Good New Year quotes and wishes must be written and said with love this year. Yes, a lot of people make resolutions, which they do not achieve after all, and a lot of funny jokes are based on this typical human behavior, but let’s remember what’s the most important. This year, affection and support shown towards the loved ones are what will make the difference. Even if their resolutions are not achievable or realistic, the support from the relatives and friends is exactly what will make a real Christmas miracle come to life!